Do you think that you smile and laugh enough during the day? If not, well it’s time to start! Research has shown that there are a number of health benefits attached to these simple facial expressions and behaviors. In this blog post, we will dive into the top five benefits of smiling and laughing
- Endorphins are released – These neurotransmitters are triggered by the movements of muscles in your face. You may already know that endorphins are responsible for making us feel happy, while also lowering stress levels. Interestingly, a fake smile or laugh works the same way! The more we stimulate our brain to release endorphins, the more often we feel relaxed and happier. As an added bonus, endorphins act as the body’s natural painkillers.
- Laughing stimulates homeostasis – Keep in mind that laughing expands the lungs, stretches the muscles in the body, and gets us back to a stable equilibrium (homeostasis). This action exercises the body and replenishes the cells from oxygen.
- Laughing is an easy way to release emotions – Do you find yourself bottling up emotions more often than not? Well, a good laugh can help you release those negative emotions in a more positive way. It’s easy to lose sight of the fact that everything looks a little bit better after a good laugh, allowing you to see things from a positive perspective.
- Smiling is an attractive expression – Have you been searching for ways to be more approachable at work? Smiling more may do just the trick since it’s more likely to draw people to you rather than push them away. Remember that interaction with others is easier and more enjoyable when smiles and laughs are shared. Not to mention, these behaviors are contagious and make you a more appealing, attractive person to be around. It may seem like such a simple action, but smiling can change your life for the better.
- A positive expression serves you well in life – Do you consistently find yourself in stressful situations? A person who is smiling indicates that they are relaxed and confident in their abilities. In your career especially, a positive facial expression goes a long way with building relationships and being seen in a favorable light by colleagues.
What a Cosmetic Dentist Can Do For You
Years ago, it was anything but easy to achieve a beautiful smile if you had minor imperfections. No longer is that the case! Dr. George, the top cosmetic dentist in Mesquite, offers a variety of affordable, proven treatment options for any esthetic concern.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Have you noticed that your teeth just aren’t as white as they used to be? For the best teeth whitening in the area, head to Mesquite Dental & Implant Center. For your convenience, we offer in-office or take-home teeth whitening systems that actually work. In no time, you will have the white teeth you deserve.
Dr. George is happy to help if you have stained, chipped, slightly crooked, or unevenly spaced teeth. With porcelain veneers, you won’t have to hide your teeth any longer. Plus, the process is quick and easy with no downtime.
Now that you know the benefits of smiling and laughing, it’s time to make sure that your teeth are looking great. Dr. George and the rest of our dental care team can help. Call us today to get started.